The MetaTrader 4 desktop platform has the same design, is available in the same languages, offers almost the same order types (trailing stop is also available), has the same search functions, and provides the same portfolio and fee reports as the web platform. These reports can be found under the 'Account History' tab.
One major difference is that you can set alerts and notifications on the desktop platform, in the form of mobile push and email notifications. Go to 'Terminal Window' then right-click on the ‘Alerts’ tab. Select 'Create' from the menu. This will bring up the ‘alert editor’ window where you can set up your price alert.
Some brokers prefer the desktop trading platform as it feels more safe and secure for them than the web or the mobile platforms.
- Best brokers for MetaTrader in 2023 - Fee comparison included
- What is MetaTrader?
- MetaTrader 4 vs MetaTrader 5
- How to download MetaTrader?
- MetaTrader 4 web trading platform
- MetaTrader 4 mobile trading platform
- MetaTrader 5 trading platform
- Best brokers for MetaTrader
- MetaTrader expert roundup
- Pepperstone MT4 Review for Mobile, Web and Desktop
- Does Pepperstone have MT4? Yes, and here's how to use it