Your MetaTrader platform can be used as a web-based portal, a software downloadable to your desktop as well as a mobile app. The MetaTrader platforms work best in a Windows environment, but they can also be used on computers with macOS and Linux.
On your PC:
On your smartphone or tablet:
Installation is easy and straightforward on PCs with Windows, while it can be less smooth on computers with macOS and Linux.
The Client Terminal can be installed on computers with macOS using Wine, which is a free software that allows users to run an application developed for the Microsoft Windows systems. With this, the platform can be installed similarly to any other application: just drag the platform icon to Applications. Note that as Wine is not a fully stable application, some functions in the applications you start under it may not work perfectly. Also, there might be extra complications using ARM-based "Silicone" M1 chips included in some newer Mac models.
Remember that if you want to trade on MetaTrader platforms, you need to open a broker account first. The easiest way to install the platform is to go to your broker’s website and follow the instructions to install. After the installation, you can either open a demo account or a real account. After that, you just have to select an account type and fill in the required information in the dialogue boxes.
- Best brokers for MetaTrader in 2023 - Fee comparison included
- What is MetaTrader?
- MetaTrader 4 vs MetaTrader 5
- MetaTrader 4 web trading platform
- MetaTrader 4 mobile trading platform
- MetaTrader 4 desktop trading platform
- MetaTrader 5 trading platform
- Best brokers for MetaTrader
- MetaTrader expert roundup
- Pepperstone MT4 Review for Mobile, Web and Desktop
- Does Pepperstone have MT4? Yes, and here's how to use it