Is XTB regulated as of November 2023?
Finding reliable information on the regulation of a broker can be time-consuming or even difficult at times.
We have done the legwork for you and our brokerage experts have determined that XTB is a fully regulated broker.
I have personally tested dozens of global brokers and as a brokerage expert I am familiar with the regulatory and licensing procedures of at least a dozen financial authorities globally:
- XTB has top-tier regulation.
- Top-tier regulation significantly enhances the safety of a given broker.
- Browse other top-tier regulated brokers with our unique Find My Broker tool.
XTB has top-tier regulation
Making sure that your broker has rock solid regulation is the first step in the broker selection process for any responsible trader and investor. So, the question arises:
Is XTB regulated?
Yes, it is regulated by several financial authorities:
- the UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- the Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF)
- the National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) of Spain
- the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA)
- the International Financial Services Commission of Belize (IFSC)
XTB operates in several countries and is supervised by the following financial authorities (country of clients - regulatory body):
- UK - Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Cyprus, Hungary - Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- Spain - National Securities Market Commission (CNMV)
- Other EU clients - Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF)
- United Arab Emirates - Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA)
- Other countries - Financial Services Commission of Belize (FSC)
Top-tier regulation significantly enhances the safety of any given broker
Being supervised by a top-tier regulator lends a considerable boost to the safety profile of any given broker.
These regulators apply the strictest requirements and standards that brokers overseen by them must adhere to. As the client of a broker with top-tier regulation, you will have important safeguards in place with respect to the fairness of pricing and trading conditions that your broker provides.
If your broker is regulated by multiple authorities, you should try to sign up with the entity that has top-tier regulation. This will most likely mean that you will have access to investor protection as most of these regulators operate in countries where such schemes are available.
If you're uncertain about your broker's regulatory entity, reach out to their customer support team.
Browse other top-tier regulated brokers with our unique FInd My Broker tool
The BrokerChooser team has personally tested and reviewed more than 100 brokers globally, all of which have top-tier regulation. We opened accounts with real money at each, conducted actual trades on their platforms, checked their safety, fees and customer service, among other things.
All our experience and expertise is included in the Find My Broker tool. Simply answer a few questions and get a personalized broker list.
Your broker toplist will be selected based on your answers.
Check out this short video for a behind-the-scenes peek into how our experts personally test and evaluate brokers.