How to sell on Trading 212
Trading 212 is a global CFD (Contract for Difference) and forex broker, but clients can also trade stocks and ETFs free of charge. It takes only a few steps if you want to sell, and we will guide you through how to do it.
68% of retail CFD accounts lose money
How to sell stocks on Trading 212
If you decide to sell any shares you have purchased before to free some funds on your account, you can do it via the following steps.
On the Trading 212 mobile application:
- Open up your Trading 212 app
- Tap the "Pie Chart" next to the 'Home' button
- Select a company that you have invested in and tap on it
- Tap 'Sell' and enter the number of shares or value you would like to sell
- Select 'Review Order'
- Send the order
On the web platform:
- Go to Trading212.com
- Log in your account by entering yor email address and password
- Click the 'Pie Chart' on the bottom centre of your screen to open your open investments tab
- Choose one of your positions and click 'Sell'
- Adjust the number of shares or value you would like to sell
- Click "Review" and send the order to sell the desired shares number
Trading 212: further reading