There is no minimum deposit required by tastytrade. This makes it an ideal broker if you want to trade or invest with a smaller amount.
In general, tastytrade' deposit and withdrawal functions are easy to use and there's no deposit fee. However, you can use only bank transfers and withdrawals can be expensive especially for non-US clients.
• No deposit fee
• Credit/Debit card not available
• High fee for wire withdrawals
• Free ACH withdrawals in the US
Deposit fees and options
ACH (automated clearing house)
We tested the non-US wire transfer and it took 3 business days.
According to tastytrade' website, ACH transfers take 4 business days. However, some US bank accounts can be linked to tastytrade, making instant transfers possible.
You can only deposit money from accounts that are in your name.
|Number of base currencies||1||1||5|
Unfortunately, tastytrade only supports USD. If you send your deposit in another currency, tastytrade will convert it and charge you (see more on currency conversion fees here). If you deposit in USD, this isn't an issue.
An easy way to save the currency conversion fee is to open a multicurrency bank account. After opening an account at a digital bank, you can upload your currency to your new account and exchange it right within the app at great rates. You can then deposit your currency into your brokerage account free of charge or cheaply.
-> Back to tastytrade review for 2022
- About tastytrade
- Trading stocks on tastytrade
- Options trading on tastytrade
- Crypto trading on tastytrade
- Futures trading on tastytrade
- tastytrade margin minimums
- How to withdraw money on tastytrade
- tastytrade fees
- How to open a tastytrade account
- tastytrade trading platforms
- tastytrade minimum deposit
- tastytrade customer service
- Is tastytrade legit and safe?
- tastytrade app
- tastytrade alternatives