You can find trading ideas based on technical tools and read market reports written by Pepperstone's research team.
|• Trading ideas||• Newsflow is basic within MetaTrader|
|• Daily market analysis||• No fundamental data available|
You can find Pepperstone's research tools in three locations:
- Pepperstone's website, under 'Market analysis'
- Secure Client Area
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
Pepperstone provides trading ideas via Autochartist, a trading management tool. These trading ideas are based on technical analysis. You can access Autochartist through the Secure Client Area, or you can download and attach it to the MetaTrader platform. This way you'll receive automatic notifications when emerging and completed chart patterns such as triangles, wedges, tops and bottoms are identified.
Pepperstone does not offer fundamental data on equities.
Pepperstone has OK charting tools. You can use 31 technical indicators and other editing tools, such as trendlines and Fibonacci retracement.
However, MetaTrader's design is outdated and some features are hard to use. For example, we had difficulty figuring out how to remove an indicator from the chart.
Pepperstone offers another downloadable tool for the MetaTrader platforms: the Smart Trader Tools package is a suite of 28 tools to help improve your trade execution and management. These include a correlation matrix, a sentiment trader, a trade simulator and many more useful mini apps.
Unfortunately, the MetaTrader platform has a poor news feed. It's unstructured and finding relevant news items is cumbersome. We missed tags and visual elements.
To make up for these shortcomings, Pepperstone has launched a Telegram channel with their own market commentary.
We really liked the analysis written by Pepperstone's research team. The authors have a good understanding of volatility regimes and macro.
There's a daily newsletter by experienced trader Chris Weston called the "The Daily Fix" that offers:
- a quick recap of the most important current events and market movements
- interesting charts using inter-market and technical analysis looking for correlations and divergencies
- preview of upcoming events like elections or Fed meetings
Furthermore, Pepperstone has market commentary in Chinese, Spanish, Italian and German on their respective YouTube channels.
An Economic Calendar also helps to track the markets. However we've seen better implementations of this tool elsewhere; for example, we missed filters.
- About Pepperstone
- Pepperstone fees
- Pepperstone minimum deposit
- Pepperstone Minimum Deposit from South Africa
- Pepperstone Minimum Deposit from Kenya
- How to withdraw from Pepperstone
- Pepperstone's customer service detailed
- Pepperstone's online trading education
- Is Pepperstone considered safe?
- Opening an account at Pepperstone
- Pepperstone available instruments
- Pepperstone trading platforms
- Pepperstone MetaTrader
- Does Pepperstone have MT4?
- What is Pepperstone's cTrader?
- Does Pepperstone have low spreads?
- Pepperstone app
- Can you trade options at Pepperstone?
- Pepperstone alternatives