What is paper trading?
The term 'Paper Trading' refers to IB's demo solutions. With a Paper Trading Account, a user starts with 1,000,000 USD of paper trading equity, that allows the user to experiment with IB's trading platform without any real exposure.
Opening a Paper Trading Account on Interactive Brokers
1. Login to your Client Portal, and click on the top right icon. Proceed to 'Manage Account'.
2. Scroll down on the next page, and you will see a menu item called 'Paper Trading Account' with a gear icon. Click on the gear icon.
3. Follow the steps on the next page to create a Paper Trading Account. You will have to create a username, and a password. After saving the details, you will receive your Paper Trading Account access.
How a paper trading account on Interactive Brokers works
Basically, you'll gain access to IB's services and functionalities with virtual capital. You can try out strategies, tactics on the platforms with real data. You can switch between Real and Paper Trading accounts anytime.
Interactive Brokers: further reading
- Interactive Brokers review
- How to trade after hours on Interactive Brokers
- How to buy ETF on Interactive Brokers
- Why is Interactive brokers so cheap?
- Can you buy Bitcoin on Interactive Brokers?
- How to withdraw funds from Interactive Brokers
- How to convert currency on Interactive Brokers?
- How to change trading permissions on Interactive Brokers?
- What is the cost of buying US stocks at Interactive Brokers?
- How to download Interactive Brokers' TWS?
- Interactive Brokers fees explained
- Interactive Brokers Account Opening
- Is Interactive Brokers good for beginners?
- Is Interactive Brokers free?
- Can you trade options at Interactive Brokers?
- Interactive Brokers Minimum Deposit