How to buy ETF on Interactive Brokers
ETF is short for exchange-traded fund. ETFs are designed to be bought and sold on trading venues and exchanges, just like stocks. An ETF can include many asset types, including equities, bonds, commodities or even forex. For example, a fund that tracks the S&P 500 Index holds the 500 stocks that constitute the index.
Interactive Brokers has an exceptional range of ETFs, you can trade with more than 13,000 ETFs there.
Step by step: how to buy ETF on Interactive Brokers
Interactive Brokers has different account types and corresponding interfaces. With the account management tool, you should take the following steps:
- Go to the Interactive Brokers website.
- Click on the red ‘Log in’ button.
- Go to the ‘Client Portal Login’ or the ‘Account Management’ link and enter your name and password, and clear the two-factor authentication.
- Fund your account to make the trade you want.
- If the ETF you want to buy is not in your base currency, first you have to buy this currency - which you can do on the platform.
- Search for the ETF you want to buy in the search function on the top right of the page.
- Set the amount you want to buy for or sell and select an order type, such as market, limit, stop or stop limit.
- Set the duration of the order.
- Preview your order to make sure you got everything right.
- Click on ‘Submit'.
Interactive Brokers : further reading
- Interactive Brokers Review
- How to trade after hours on Interactive Brokers
- Why is Interactive Brokers so cheap?
- Can you buy Bitcoin on Interactive Brokers?
- How to use Interactive Brokers for Paper Trading
- How to withdraw funds from Interactive Brokers
- Interactive Brokers fees explained
- Interactive Brokers Account Opening
- Is Interactive Brokers good for beginners?
- Is Interactive Brokers free?
- Can you trade options at Interactive Brokers?
- Interactive Brokers Minimum Deposit