How to trade after hours and premarket on Interactive Brokers - out of hours trading
What does premarket and after-hours mean?
Both premarket and after-hours trading are part of the "extended-hours" trading periods. During these periods, trading is allowed, even if the market is not open yet, or has just been closed.
Can I trade during extended hours on Interactive Brokers
Yes. IBKR PRO accounts have more time available in extended-hours trading than IBKR Lite accounts.
- IBKR Pro accounts have access to the markets from 4:00 EST (9:00 AM GMT+1)
- IBKR Lite accounts have access to the markets from 7:00 EST (12:00 AM GMT+1)
They restart at 20:00 EST (01:00 AM GMT+1)
How to trade pre and post market on Interactive Brokers
- Log in to your Client Portal
- Whether you have an IBKR PRO, or IBKR Lite account, you will have access to the markets based on the schedule above
Interactive Brokers: further reading
- Interactive Brokers review
- How to buy ETF on Interactive Brokers
- Why is Interactive brokers so cheap?
- Can you buy Bitcoin on Interactive Brokers?
- How to use Interactive Brokers for Paper Trading
- How to withdraw funds from Interactive Brokers
- Interactive Brokers fees explained
- Interactive Brokers Account Opening
- Is Interactive Brokers good for beginners?
- Is Interactive Brokers free?
- Can you trade options at Interactive Brokers?
- Interactive Brokers Minimum Deposit